Some families in Medway can receive free early education for their two-year-old. This can be a place in a pre-school, nursery or with a childminder for up to 15 hours per week.
Who can apply
How do I apply
How do I know if I'm eligible?
To check if you’re eligible, you contact the Family Information Service on 01634 332195 for an Eligibility form to be sent to you for completion and return. On receipt of your completed Eligibility form, they will carry out the necessary checks and inform you of any entitlement with a letter in the post. If you are entitled the letter will contain the reference number that is required by the childcare provider.
If you are eligible the code should be given to the childcare setting where you choose to place your child. The childcare setting will then submit the code to confirm your child’s eligibility.
Why should I apply
When your child attends a pre-school they will play with other children, and be helped by qualified staff to learn and develop well. They will explore and experiment, and learn to share and socialise – all of which will help them to be ready to start school when they are older.
- Find your local Children and Family Hub
- Find your local nurseries and pre-schools where you can have a free place
For further information please contact the Family Information Service on 01634 332195 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When can my child access their free place
- A child born on or between 1 April and 31 August will become eligible for a free place from 1 September following their second birthday.
- A child born on or between 1 September and 31 December will become eligible for a free place from 1 January following their second birthday.
- A child born on or between 1 January and 31 March will become eligible for a free place from 1 April following their second birthday.
Please note your child should not start nursery until a valid code is confirmed, otherwise you could incur some costs.