Medway Family Information Service provides comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date information, advice and guidance on services, facilities or publications that could be of benefit to parents, prospective parents, grandparents, practitioners of children and young people up to the age of 20 (and up to 25 for young people with special educational needs or disability).
This is in line with the government’s statutory duty for local authorities to offer a range of information to families and ensure that the information is open to all parents and practitioners who might benefit from it (Section 12 The Childcare Act 2006).
The FIS team provides:
- Childcare and brokerage services
- Parenting and family support
- Leisure activities for the family
- Positive activities for young people
- Local health listings
- Support for practitioners
- Information on the SEND Local Offer
- Information on working with children and young people
- a free service for all the above
The team is responsible for the Medway Family Information Service Directory which is a searchable online directory to help you access and utilise a range of services, resources and activities in the area.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for or would like to speak to an advisor, please call the Medway Family Information Service on 01634 335566 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your query. We will be happy to help.